about 1 month ago
We are looking for an energetic, enthusiastic and experienced Project Manager to plan, control and deliver a new scheme in Cambride consisting of over 120 RC Frame units.
- Enforce all health & safety/ISO procedures ensuring compliance beyond the standard.
- As project lead, the candidate is responsible for controlling all production/commercial and technical departments to ensure successful delivery within agreed time and budget perimeters.
- Motivate/control and manage the team which will include mentoring, performance management and discipline.
- To work closely with all members of the site delivery team and supplychain to proactively drive communication and problem solving.
- To organise & control the construction of the development in accordance with the specification provided.
- To ensure construction complies with NHBC and all other statutory authorities.
- Act as an ambassador to the business. Represent the company in a professional manner and establish strong relationships with the key clients.
- Business development and promotion of the brand.
- Oversee material takeoffs, scheduling and material control by the project team.
- Work closely with the supply chain and management team to promote a positive and safe culture.
- To assist and integrate new employees and promote TEAM working.
- Handover completed scheme to client on time, to agreed quality standard and budget.
- Produce, distribute and review scheme wide target programmes using asta.
- Prepare and host subcontractor/Client and team meetings.
- Review weekly safety and quality documentation. Scrutinise and challenge the team to ensure the processes are followed diligently.
- Interrogate and influence designs to facilitate buildability.
- Management of prelim spend and costs control. Seek out opportunities for VE through design rationalisation or alternative and more effective building methods.
- Ensure compliance with the control document and budget.
- Compile subcontractor scopes to ensure robust supplychian packages are produced and cost certainty is established.
- Manage the working environment, sequence and flow to limit abortive works, prevent any detrition in quality and subsequently control non-recoverable costs.
RELEVANT EXPERIENCE (including qualifications):
- Self-motivation, drive and a passion to succeed whilst being able to balance decisions giving guidance and support to other members of the production team.
- Experience in delivering scheme around 20 million in value.
- Experienced in concrete frame structures with brickwork and clad façades.
- Competent in groundworks and civil engineers and capable of dealing with the topographical challenges associated with building on a sever gradients.
- Previous experience of managing a large teams on site including commercial and technical disciplines.
- Experienced in contracting and social housing developments working for Local Authority and Social Landlord clients.
- A proven track record of quality delivery on time is paramount.
- IT literate
- Experience in D&B projects with bespoke designs.
- Proficient in ASTA Power Projects
- Supervisor / Appointed Person Crane (Qualified)
- Experience of lifting operations
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU HAVE EXPERIENE WORKING WITH A LEADING HOUSEBUILDER AND RIGHT TO WORK IN THE UK